Belgium-based Inbiose develops biochemical processes using a proprietary Glycoactives platform to produce specialty carbohydrates such as human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) for use in several industries. With 2 HMOs being sold through our partnership with a global ingredient manufacturer, at least four other HMOs in regulatory development and many new products in pipeline, Inbiose is poised for high growth in the coming years. The company has been established in 2013 as spin-off from UGent University and has grown into a 50 FTE organization.
At our core we are entrepreneurial, value integrity and ownership mentality and are committed to high ethical and safety standards.
More information about Inbiose can be found on www.inbiose.com
At Inbiose we are committed to make specialty carbohydrates and human milk oligosaccharides available to a large set of industries such as infant formula, dietary supplements, functional food & beverages, pet food, …. to meet the global demand for healthy and sustainable food and feed ingredients.
The Head of New Markets Development is responsible for managing new growth activities in close cooperation with the other members of the management team.
This Head of New Markets Development role is best suited for someone with a strong ownership mentality who can operate, lead and interact with senior management of global corporates. This position requires hands-on implementation and working cross-functionally with operations, food/health science and regulatory to execute on short- and long-term growth initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity to join a global leader in specialty carbohydrates and to take a highly innovative and proven technology and relating healthy ingredients to a global stage.
- Develop core value propositions and drive the go-to-market strategy for Inbiose’s proprietary technologies and product platform
- Generate the commercial strategy through identification, sizing and prioritization of the most impactful and value creating opportunities
- Establish working relationships and build/deliver effective presentations to brand-owners and potential technology licensees
- Preparation and structuring of project drafts and key contract terms for the development and commercialization of new products in close interaction with relevant Inbiose colleagues
- Develop promotional plans, trade spend and work within budget guidelines
- Oversee the planning and execution of marketing events including tradeshows
- Become an industry expert, staying on top of the evolving needs and market trends
- Build a commercial organization to support future business growth
- Become member of Inbiose management committee; maintain close working relationship with the senior business development manager
Experience and skills
- Academic degree in biotechnology, food science, bio-engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience preferably in a high-growth, technology focused B2B company
- Hunter and can-do mentality with proven track record of securing new accounts
- Analytical, attention to detail, versatile and ability to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Familiar with business contracts and cooperation agreements such as JDAs and intellectual property licensing contracts
- Basic insights in food and health science
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fluid environment
- Great relationship-building skills preferably with a network in the global food, biotech and/or pharma industry